Interested in becoming a published author? The contributing author position at UrbanLandMedia.com is a unique opportunity for both aspiring and accomplished authors to gain tremendous exposure, get published, and bolster their portfolio.
Top Reasons to become an UrbanLandMedia.com *Contributing Author
- Great exposure – Your work will be read by millions of ULM enthusiasts. Each month more than 750,000 unique visitors check out UrbanLandMedia.com online guides. In addition, a select number of our most popular categories are also printed in eBook formats for digital distribution worldwide!
- Incredible work sample – You are credited as the author, giving you a great work sample for future employers or graduate schools.
- Professional networking – UrbanLandMedia.com authors have gone on to write for major media publications, author their own books, and work at the most prestigious marketing firms. We encourage ULM authors to build relationships with each other for networking and professional relationship building.
What’s In It for You?
- Writing exposure
- Resume-building experience
- Networking & Professional Contacts
- Letters of recommendation
- Potential for internship credit
- Excellent writing and organizational skills
- Enthusiasm and commitment to the project
- Attention to detail
- Ability to start immediately and commit to submitting at least two articles per topic per month.
How Do I Get Started?
UrbanLand Media accepts opinion and information articles on topics related to fashion, style, living well, urban living, urban culture, the arts, New York City, entertainment, and sex and dating. The suggested length is up to 500 words, but submissions of any length will be considered. We ask that all submissions be sent exclusively to UrbanLandMedia.com. We will not consider articles that have already been published in print or online.
New contributing authors must first submit a “sample” article which will be used to determine whether or not the author’s writing style is appropriate for the ULM platform. Approved contributing authors will be provided with instant access credentials for future article submissions.
To be considered email us at email@example.com, include your full name, contact information, and provide some samples of your work.
* Please note this is an unpaid position.
Latest posts by John Myers (see all)
- Oblivion, the Movie - April 28, 2013
- The Drawer Boy – Produced by Oberon Theatre Ensemble - March 22, 2013
- Sunday Cocktails at Bobo - March 20, 2013